Last Updated Date: November 9, 2021
II. WHAT WE MEAN BY "PERSONAL INFORMATION"
(1) Information You Provide to Us
When you use the Site or otherwise communicate or interact with us through the Services, we collect information that you provide to us directly. For example, we collect information in the following circumstances: when you contact us; when you register for and engage with our Services; and when you otherwise communicate with us. Occasionally, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information in connection with your use of the Services. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may still visit and use parts of the Site, but may be unable to access or use certain features, options, programs, and services of the Site. In addition, as we need certain Personal Information for the performance of the Services, the consequence of not providing such information might be that the Services cannot be provided as requested.
The Personal Information you provide to us may include the following:
- Information you provide via email, through our 'Contact' section, or using contact details listed on various parts of the Site, including your name, e-mail, phone number, and any other information you decide to provide;
- In connection with the Services, information you provide in order to sign up for clinical trial matching, including your name, age, e-mail address, health conditions relevant to the clinical trial opportunities, or any other information you decide to provide to us in connection with the Services;
- If you are one of our customers, suppliers, or prospects, or interested in serving as an investigator of a clinical trial, we may collect or process limited Personal Information in the course of our business relations with you. For example, when you engage us for our Services, sign up for a webcast, request a demo, or the like. Such Personal Information may include your name, company, title, order details, and business contact details (e-mail address, telephone number, address); and
- We may also collect any other information you may want to share with us. Moreover, if you contact us, a record of such correspondence may be kept.
(2) Information Collected Automatically
- Log Files On the Site. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ("IP") addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and other information your browser may send to us about your use of the Site.
|Type of Cookies||Description||Managing Settings|
|Performance cookies||These cookies collect information about how you use our Site, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not collect information that individually identifies you. Information is only used to improve how the Site functions and performs. From time-to-time, we may engage service providers to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information relating to individuals who visit the Site. We may also utilize Flash cookies for these purposes.||To learn how to opt out of performance cookies using your browser settings, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.|
|Functionality cookies||Functionality cookies allow our Site to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of the Site after logging in. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Site to personalize your visit.||To learn how to opt out of functionality cookies using your browser settings, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.|
- Analytics. The Site also uses Google Analytics. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the Site, the IP address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Site. By using a browser plugin available at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
(3) Do-Not-Track Signals
Some browsers have a "Do-Not-Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. When you choose to turn on the Do-Not-Track setting in your browser, your browser sends a signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug-in providers, and other web services that you may encounter while browsing the Internet, instructing them to stop tracking your activity via cookies or other online tracking technologies. The Site does not currently respond to browser based Do-Not-Track signals. For information regarding Do-Not-Track and how to enable this setting if available on your devices, please see https://allaboutdnt.com.
(4) Information Received from Third Parties
We may also obtain data from third-party sources such as a registrant's authorized representative or guardian, our customers or vendors such as data providers. Our data providers include Human API and iPatient Axis, the entities that we partner with to provide free patient medical record retrieval for clinical trial recruitment. For more information, please visit Human API at https://www.humanapi.co (firstname.lastname@example.org) or iPatient Axis at https://ipatientaxis.eu (email@example.com).
(1) General Uses
We may use Personal Information obtained through the Services in the following ways:
- To provide the Services;
- To provide, analyze, administer, develop, and improve the Site or our Services;
- To contact you in connection with the Site, our Services, and notifications, services, programs or offerings for which you may have registered;
- To send you updates and promotional materials for which you have registered;
- To assess whether a clinical trial is suited for you, to contact you when a potential clinical trial is identified, and to bring you in contact with principal investigators, clinical research sites or clinical trial service providers, using solely for these purposes the health information that is provided to us based on your consent;
- To identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site and Services that you are authorized to access;
- For our legitimate interests of documenting and managing our internal administration;
- To protect the rights and/or our property and to ensure the technical functionality and security of the Site or Services; and
- To comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate purposes of protecting our legal rights, in connection with legal claims or enforcement of contracts, and for compliance, regulatory, and investigative purposes. This may include sharing the Personal Information with third parties, such as governmental authorities or law enforcement officials, subject to applicable law.
(2) Registered Users
If you register for our Services, SubjectWell uses algorithms that enforce criteria to select the clinical trial most suitable to you, which is the service that you (as the data subject) request from SubjectWell. The decision on the clinical trial matching is therefore necessary for the performance of the contract between you and SubjectWell. Furthermore, our patient recruitment marketplace is voluntary and when you choose to participate and disclose your information to us, you also provide your explicit consent, which is freely given and can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us through the contact details further below.
The logic that is used for the decision-making is created by SubjectWell employees reviewing study protocols that define inclusion/exclusion criteria for study eligibility. The SubjectWell systems then enforce these criteria based on the responses collected during the phone screening process. The most important consequences of the automated decisions in question is that you will or will not have the opportunity to participate in a clinical trial.
In order to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, you have the right to obtain human intervention on the part of SubjectWell, to express your point of view and to contest the decision.
Also note that we only provide clinical trial participant recruitment services and are not involved in clinical trials or informed about the results. Therefore, SubjectWell does not determine the purposes or means of the further processing of your Personal Information, including your health information, by principal investigators, clinical research sites or clinical trial service providers once you are brought in contact with them.
We may disclose Personal Information you provide to us or that we collect automatically on the Site or in and through the Services with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers, such as data storage service providers, marketing service providers, and communications service providers that help us operate our business or provide services on our behalf;
- If you would like to participate in a clinical trial and there are matching clinical trials, we may share Personal Information about you with principal investigators, clinical research sites, and clinical trial service providers that are relevant to you;
- Public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to for national security or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates for our business operations; and
VI. COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
Once you register for our Services, if you have opted in to certain communications, you may be contacted at the phone number or email address you provide including wireless number (if provided), by a representative of SubjectWell or its database administrator. You may opt out of these messages, calls or texts at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (844) 612-6317. If you would like to stop receiving text messages, you may text STOP in reply to any messages that you receive.
With your consent (unless otherwise permitted by applicable law) we use the Personal Information you provide us to send you information on our products and Services and other information based on the interests that you have indicated to us. You have the right to opt out of getting those messages. If you do not wish to receive these messages, click the unsubscribe link in your email. Please note that these selections are not permanent; they may be changed in the event you register for other Services or communications and consent to receive marketing messages. Please also note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you non-marketing emails related to your account or the Services for which you have registered. You may also email us at email@example.com for assistance.
VII. THIRD-PARTY PRACTICES
VIII. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Please note that as of the effective date of this Policy, the CCPA implementing regulations have not been finalized by the California Attorney General. Accordingly, we may update this section, our relevant data practices, or our processes for handling CCPA requests, in response to the final CCPA regulations or other CCPA legal developments.
(1) How We Collect and Use Personal Information
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), this section describes the Personal Information we collected about California residents in the last 12 months, the sources of that information, our business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the third parties with whom we shared that information. Please refer to the corresponding sections of this policy above for details on the following:
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT: This section describes the categories of Personal Information we collected and the categories of sources from which the information was collected.
- PURPOSES FOR OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: This section describes the business or commercial purposes for which we collected the information.
- WHO DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH: This section lists the categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Information.
(2) Your Rights and How to Exercise Them
Under the CCPA, California residents have certain rights with regard to their Personal Information. Those rights may only apply in certain circumstances and may be subject to limitations or exceptions. A summary of those rights is provided below as well as information on how to exercise your rights. Please note that we will require certain identifying information about you as necessary for us to verify your request in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to Know: You have the right to ask us to tell you the categories of Personal Information we collected, the purposes for which we collected, sold or disclosed that information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed the information in the last 12 months. To exercise this right, please complete our online form available here or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Disclosure Request" in the subject line of your message.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request access to the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected, used, disclosed and/or sold about you in the last 12 months. To exercise this right, please complete our online form here or email your request to email@example.com and include "Access Request" in the subject line of your message.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request us to delete the Personal Information we have collected or maintain about you. Please note that certain exceptions may apply to your right to delete information, such as when we must retain Personal Information as required or permitted by law and we will maintain a copy of your deletion request. We will notify you if any such exceptions apply to your request. To exercise this right, please complete our online form available here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Deletion Request" in the subject line of your message.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale: You have the right to opt out or ask us not to sell your Personal Information. Please note that we do not sell your Personal Information. However, please note that we do use and share your information in order to help match you with clinical trials and provide our Services per your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights noted above. However, we may offer certain financial incentives, charge reasonable fees related to your requests, or deny your right to know, right to access, or right to deletion in accordance with applicable law.
You can exercise these rights yourself or you can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. If you would like an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf, please send us an email at email@example.com for instructions and details on proof and information required for use of an authorized agent.
(3) How We Disclose Information
- We disclosed personal information to third parties for business purposes during the last 12 months. For more information on the categories of information we disclosed and to whom it was disclosed, see Sections III. and V. above.
- We do not sell your personal information or the personal information of minors under age 16.
(4) Third-Party Marketing Disclosure
IX. INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS - USERS IN THE EEA, UK OR SWITZERLAND
Where we process Personal Information pertaining to individuals located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), the United Kingdom (“UK”) or Switzerland, those individuals are entitled to ask us for an overview of the Personal Information we have about them and also to access, correct or delete certain Personal Information, restrict processing of their Personal Information, or to ask us to transfer Personal Information to other organizations. Certain individuals can also object to some processing of their Personal Information and, where we have asked for their consent, they can withdraw their consent at any time. Insofar as Personal Information about them is processed, certain individuals also have a right to know more about the protection we apply when transferring Personal Information to areas outside the EEA, UK or Switzerland.
Note that we are not legally obligated to agree to such requests in all circumstances, and in certain circumstances, agreeing to a request may be infeasible - for example, a deletion request when we are required by law to maintain the Personal Information. Please also note that we are not able to act on any of the above requests if we are not in a position to identify an individual filing such request.
Where applicable, these rights can be exercised by completing the request form available here or by sending us an email through the contact details further below. Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning your Personal Information. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so. We are committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") where applicable, so please contact us through the details listed below if you have any questions about these rights.
X. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
XI. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA “EEA”, SWITZERLAND OR UNITED KINGDOM “UK” TO THE UNITED STATES
When SubjectWell engages in transfers of Personal Information from the EEA, UK or Switzerland to the US, it relies on i) Adequacy Decisions as adopted by European Commission on the basis of Article 45 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), ii) Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission, or iii) your consent.
XII. SUBJECTWELL IS SELF-CERTIFIED TO THE EU-US AND SWISS-US PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORKS
Please note that, despite the Court of Justice of the European Union’s invalidation of the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks as a mechanism for transfers of personal data between the EU and the U.S. in Case C-311/18, SubjectWell intends to maintain its self-certification under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks and remains committed to complying with the Privacy Shield Principles. For more information on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s continued administration of the Privacy Shield program, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=EU-U-S-Privacy-Shield-Program-Update.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, SubjectWell commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of Personal Information about you. Persons in the EEA, UK or Switzerland who have inquiries or complaints regarding this Statement should first contact us via email at: email@example.com.
SubjectWell has committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information and to file a complaint.
These recourse mechanisms are available at no cost to you. Damages may be awarded in accordance with applicable law. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel. Pursuant to the Privacy Shield, SubjectWell remains potentially liable for the transfer of Personal Information to third parties acting as our agents unless we can prove we were not a party to the events giving rise to the damages.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of Personal Information of individuals in the EEA or Switzerland received pursuant to the EU-U.S. and Switzerland-U.S. Privacy Shield, SubjectWell is potentially liable.
XIII. DATA RETENTION
We keep Personal Information for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, to provide our Services, to deal with possible legal claims, to comply with our business interests and/or to abide by all applicable laws. If you register for our Services, we keep your Personal Information for ten (10) years from the point of collection in order to match you to a clinical trial. Thereafter, we either delete Personal Information about you or de-identify it. Please note that even if you request the deletion of Personal Information about you, we may be required (by law or otherwise) to retain the Personal Information and not delete it. However, once those requirements are removed, we will delete Personal Information about you in accordance with your request.
XIV. DATA SECURITY
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information we collect or process through the Platforms. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age through the Site. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided Personal Information through the Site, we will delete such information from our files.
XVII. CONTACT US
Address: 8300 N MoPac Expy
Austin, TX 78759
You can also contact our representative in the EEA and United Kingdom:
European Data Protection Office (EEA):
Name: Lucia Canga Roza
Phone number: +32 499 24 28 45
European Data Protection Office UK:
Online request form: https://edpo.com/uk-gdpr-data-request/
Address: 8 Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5BY, United Kingdom